The Agrifood'ture Challenge
An international pitch contest for innovative start-ups and SMEs
Applications are now closed.
Find out more about the finalists here, representing 9 countries!
4 key food industry challenges
The pitch contest is organised in 4 challenges, addressing key food industry topics, from farm to fork:
- Agroecological farming practices – fewer chemical inputs, decarbonation, optimising use of natural resources, biodiversity etc.
- The protein transition – plant-based foods and other innovative protein sources, addressing consumer preferences and usages
- The circular economy and reducing food waste - designing out waste and environmental impact by keeping products and materials in use, creating new resources from discarded materials
- Digital smart systems for addressing new consumer expectations – traceability, transparency, co-building foods and services
Finalists can win:
- For each challenge:
- A cash prize of 3,000€ provided by EIT Food
- Development support packages: direct business connections in agrifood and agriculture (partners, clients, end users etc.)
- 3 special prizes will be awarded by Vitagora providing free access to the ToasterLAB acceleration program
- 1 special prize awarded by MPowerBIO, a free seat at MPowerBIO's Final Event, the Tech Tour Bioeconomy 2022
- August 25th, 2022 - Applications close
- September 14th & 15th, 2022 - Agrifood'ture Challenge final takes place in Dijon France
Find out more below!
or download the contest rules
Who can apply?
What can you win?
How do you apply?
A few tips for optimising your application
- Complete all the questions in the application.
You will be selected (or not) for the final on the strength of your written application.
- Read the information on the judging criteria below. This will give you ideas for how to present your innovation in the best light.
- You can also read the full contest rules here
Contact: Marthe Jewell, Vitagora
What are the judging criteria?
Any questions? Contact us!
Mobile: +33 674 16 69 90